Strategic Questions Will Uncover Strategic Opportunities:
As we say in our Gazelles Methodology – the key is asking the right questions.
Questions that challenge, questions that force us to think.
Here is a list my favorite strategy questions that I ask in strategy sessions:
- In order to execute your business strategy, what are the key things you must do well?
- What proprietary advantages must your company create for your strategy to be successful?
- What are the most valuable outcomes your organization enables for your customers?
- What are the major forces driving changes in your business?
- What conditions have the most disruptive impact on your business now, and will have in the future?
- What are the greatest opportunities for your company to change the basis of competition in your industry? How might these impact barriers to entry? Switching costs? Relationships in your value chain? Product differentiation?
- How sustainable is your market position and the business model needed to achieve and support that position?
- What are your options for growing your business in the future?